This Mommy Runs on Caffeine

This Mommy Runs on Caffeine

January 15, 2009

"Honey, Will You...?"

... and he does. See, I've been blessed with a supportive husband (who might even be suffering from his own sympathy symptoms!) who has been floating on Cloud 9 ever since I could share with him the good news. He's always asking if I need this or that, or whatever.... and he bolts up in the middle of the night wondering if I'm okay (mind you it's after the 3rd bathroom trip of the night!)- I'm so lucky! So, call me surprised when I sweetly asked for mashed potatoes from Jack's and he claims it's going to be a long 8 months! Do you know that cravings are very hard to curb? And who wants to make a pregnant woman cry!

I swear, I'm really not high maintenence- and this science experiment calls for just a wee bit of TLC, right? LOL. I think I've heard this comment at least once before too... but for him it's only 8 months, for me, it's going to feel like the gestation period of an elephant.... especially during the nice and cool Sacramento summers!

I haven't really had many cravings- the first few weeks I was hungry- no, make that ravenous and wanted whatever popped into my head. A cheeseburger from In-n-Out (I haven't had one for over a year), chocolate ice cream (I'm a plain vanilla kind of girl!), chips and dip for a few days, and since then not really anything in particular in the last few weeks. Actually, food doesn't sound good at all the majority of the time and not because of morning sickness, just because it doesn't. So, when I scarfed up those yummy mashed potatoes, I was a happy pregnant chick. (I'm sure it was the lopsided pout - thanks to the cold sores- that won my DH over!)- at least I'm a cheap date right now! Okay, my energy level has just been depleted (do you hear that beeping like your cell phone!) and it's time for bed.... and this coming from a reformed night owl! TTYL!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!