This Mommy Runs on Caffeine

This Mommy Runs on Caffeine

January 26, 2009

It's Not a Secret Anymore!

So, we had our first ultrasound on January 16th and with a very healthy heartbeat and diagnosis from the fertility clinic, we felt comfortable sharing the news with our families finally. Up to this point, I've told very few people because of our past history with miscarriages. I told my BFF and my mom on the day we found out and then a few weeks, my boss because of me needing to take it easy at work. We were going to wait until the first week of February during my dad's and DH's mom's birthdays' but the secret was getting harder to keep and making up reasons why I wasn't around was becoming more interesting by the day! ( :

We told the families (except for my mom, she already knew a few weeks ago) by giving them belated Christmas presents (we finally took the Christmas tree down on January 17th- when you have to muster up enough energy to drive home from work and change your clothes, doing much else is pointless!). First K&J- we gave them each a present that had Grandma and Grandpa appropriate onesies along with the ultrasound photos. They were so excited! And so many questions to answer. G'ma K was excited and began telling our nephews about the news but for a 5 y/o and 1 y/o it's not real fun- yet! This is not the first grandchild on that side of the family; but now on to my dad and step-momster. My dad is thrilled- it is his first grandchild; and I think the baby can't come soon enough! G'ma L ran upstairs and copied the first "baby pictures" -the ultrasound photos- and at 7w1d, it looks like a little wad of gum, a cute wad of gum for sure! They are all now calling on a regular basis to see how I am feeling and that ranges depending on the minute- seriously! So, if you feel so inclined, you too can spill the beans! ( :
TTYL,
C.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!