This Mommy Runs on Caffeine

This Mommy Runs on Caffeine

March 17, 2009

I Could Probably Sleep Standing Up!!

I had to drive to the Bay Area today for a meeting; actually had to wake up to an alarm clock (oh- the horror!) and be there by 9 a.m. Okay, in a *normal* world, piece of cake! In a preggo world, not so much- right now it's mostly because I feel so fatigued- later, I'm sure it will be because I'm impersonating a Macy's T'giving Day Parade Balloon! Doh!

Luckily my drive home was quick (can I say that preggers hormones makes it very hard to tolerate idiot drivers) but, sans daily afternoon siesta, and this pregnant chick is wiped out! I pull up in my driveway and try to muster up the energy to get out of the car and go into the house (first clue); the thought of cooking dinner (corned beef and cabbage and all of the trimmings, but insert chicken for the corned beef! LOL- you ever smelled corned beef while preggers???) was a challenge. Fast forward to me sitting at the desk checking e-mail while I wait for DH to return from a jog; and I'm startled awake by him coming in the front door! WTH? This makes the second time that I've fallen asleep at the computer!

I have had to start taking my afternoon nappys in my car at work- I've never been so tired- even in my college hey days (Katie?- sleep when you're dead?!), I can't remember sleep so welcoming!

Although I do have to say that I am so thankful for the morning sickness subsiding to a non-existent level- the fatigue seems to be elevated.

My DH just giggled when he woke me up and said, "you're going to be sleeping standing up pretty soon!" Maybe so.... LOL. Just another day in the life of Pregnant Chick!


Oh, Happy St. Patrick's Day- drink one for me, will ya?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!