This Mommy Runs on Caffeine

This Mommy Runs on Caffeine

March 10, 2009

Like I Really Have Time for All This???

So, the DH (dear hubby) and I went to what looks like the first of many 'preggers peoples' classes. It was a two-hour class basically on how to be pregnant through 20 weeks- what to eat/ not eat (um, I don't eat fish; and I can't really still stand the thought of eating much anyways!), what the baby looks like as it's developing, nutrition (nutrition?, I'm lucky to still eat anything- too much protein makes me gag right now!) and other classes they want you to sleep, um, I mean sit through.
Well, since I am at 14 weeks, I can say that #1) this information would have been more helpful much, much earlier in the pregnancy, and #2) I didn't learn anything that I haven't already read in a book or on-line. So, there were 120 precious minutes that I will never get back. The one cool thing was seeing the actual sizes of the embyo at 10, 12, 15, 20 and 30 weeks- the growth was amazing! I would have preferred to hear about ways to alleviate common pregnancy-related symptoms (like morning sickness, headaches, etc.) and when I might start feeling better! Next time, do a podcast so I can just listen and actually multi-task (very difficult with a preggo brain, by the way!) Also, it reaffirmed that the litter box is a no-no due to toxoplasmosis, but all the talk about cats made me get all emotional over BooBoo (still, again, ugh!). The other good news is that we had a nice dinner out (yes, I had an appetite- those breadsticks are the best!) at Olive Garden, and I met a possible new recruit for PC! ( ;
My health organization recommends that we also attend a 'late' pregnancy class after 20 weeks- that should be 'fun'- except we do get to tour "Club Med Labor & Delivery," which will be the only good reason to take it. This amongst the 12 hours of the labor and delivery class, the numerous doctors appointments, lab tests, etc. (Pile this on top of all of the time we spent just to go through the fertility part, and we're looking at hundres of hours spent at a hospital or clinic.) Yes, I know, it will continue once Baby W joins us, but at least I'll get to touch, feel, and kiss the reason for it... right now, all I can think of are the hours that I'm missing precious preggers sleep! Just within the next three weeks, I have three appointments- but those are always fun to get a little peek at the baby!
By now, you are saying what's the big deal? Well, there probably really isn't but since I'm pregnant, everything matters! ( : and no, I am not overreacting! I think I'll go take a nap now............

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!