This Mommy Runs on Caffeine

This Mommy Runs on Caffeine

March 27, 2009

I know, I know, bad blogger Pregnant Chick! I haven’t updated since Monday (It’s been a rather busy week and I was waiting for inspiration to strike!) and I had an email this morning wanting an updated picture of BabyW. Well, unfortunately we only had a Doppler heartbeat done at this rather routine appointment. I was very much looking forward to seeing her, but no such luck. It was pretty cool though as Jason got to hear the heartbeat for the first time (I had the hardest time describing it to him from my last appointment!) and he said it was the best anniversary present ever! Awwww!
Dr. V seemed to be very pleased with the lack of weight gain (so far) and progress of the baby. I did have to go repeat some labs that didn’t get done earlier…. The blood glucose was especially fun. I got to go watch Jason eat lunch while I fasted for an hour after drinking orange flavored nasty crap. Think flat Sunkist with a faint baby aspirin after taste. At least it was refreshingly cool, and I pretended that it was a nice wine cooler as I slammed it in less than 5 minutes as directed by the nice little lady at the lab. The results were fine- although trending towards a sweet tooth, my blood sugar is normal! Other results were fine, and DH and I got a good laugh of the NEGATIVE results for a particular one which had a long scientific name. I guess they just don’t want to go splashing syphilis around as the name for the test, eh? LOL! So, fans of BabyW, we have to wait a whole 25 more days for another check up and then the next day will be the BIG ultrasound where they really will confirm BabyW will be swathed in pink. If your curiosity is getting the best of you, click here to see details on what Week16 entails. Despite my other post (see below) I’m not opposed to dressing her in pink, I just do not desire the nursery to be pink!
Aside from an occassional headache or two- which could also be allergy related- and minor fatigue, the symptoms from the first trimester have subsided and each day is pretty much a non-event. Although, I did feel the baby move twice this week- once on Tuesday and once on Wednesday! It was a quick flutter and there's no other explanation for the feeling except that she was making herself known! Similar to the size of an avocado, she can still do backflips and such without me feeling much. AuntyL said just wait until I get an elbow to the ribs....
Jason and I had our official anniversary celebration at The Spaghetti Factory and then over to Rick’s Dessert Diner for the night cap. <-- A bonus to being pregnant is dessert! We agreed to a maximum $ amount for presents, so I received a beautiful bouquet of flowers and a James Patterson book- perfect! Unbeknownst to me, we would get another present later in the week (hold your horses!)….
Work has been busy this week with a new training class starting- working later on a few of the days although necessary, was not easy. Thank goodness for daylight savings and lots of light otherwise I would have been completely wiped out. It feels like working through quicksand sometimes with less energy and fighting through afternoon fatigue. But I always look forward to Frappacino Friday! ( :
We have a busy weekend planned- cleaning out the garage in preparation for the big community yard sale next weekend, a birthday celebration and I’m hoping a little picnic to celebrate the nice weather! Fear not, blogosphere, I have inspiration for some weekend posts, so you will have some light reading for your Monday morning coffee break! Until then, Happy FRIDAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!