This Mommy Runs on Caffeine

This Mommy Runs on Caffeine

April 3, 2009

What Was That?

So, I was standing by the office water cooler, and there’s a bubble…. Wait no, that was my tummy! And actually I was lying in bed, but there was an unmistakable first feeling of movement of BabyW last week. It was quick, but no other explanation… and then the next night I felt it again! The medical term is called ‘quickening’ and according to wikipedia, I can no longer be held responsible for a capital crime. WHAT?!?!
So, as you can imagine, I’ve been waiting and waiting to feel this again…. It’s not like further when you should be doing a ‘kick count’ but, its just such an odd feeling. Anyways, come Wednesday morning, and I’m not talking sunrise… let’s say 3:30 a.m. and BabyW decides she wants to Dance with the Stars- the Conga, to be exact- and simultaneously pop popcorn in there! Since she’s throwing a party, and I love a party, I get to wake up to join her! I can’t help but laugh a little until I look at the clock; and then I realize that these little wake-up calls are now going to be a major part of my life for the next 4-5 years- AT LEAST! And between the little party, my new kitty, and my wonderful husband snoring, I’m up for two hours! Good thing I had some reruns of Cold Case to watch off of the DVR or I would have bought a Snuggie and a GT Express and sold my extra gold for cash!

Oh, and then yesterday my BFF is kind enough to tell me that my little beans’ party time schedule inutero is going to be similar to the schedule that BabyW keeps for the first few months. Gee, thanks, BFF! ( :

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!