This Mommy Runs on Caffeine

This Mommy Runs on Caffeine

May 21, 2009

Dream Interpretation

I'm going through another one of my insomnia stages- last night I awoke at 5 a.m. and couldn't go back to sleep and then at 3 a.m. the night prior. Sometimes the dogs wake me up (have you ever heard a dog, make that two dogs, snore and shake the walls???); sometimes BabyW is kicking; my back hurts; I get a leg cramp (yes, I'm eating bananas- but those mothers hurt!); or the usual potty shuffle. Most of the time, I can go back to sleep right away, but the past few nights no. I'm thinking it's because I have a huge project at work right now, the baby is getting bigger and I'm just generally uncomfortable- already.




I fell asleep on the couch while reading Patterson's newest novel (it's really good, but sleep prevails!) and had a bizarre dream: There was a huge orange snake in the bathtub! I called the hubby to come and get it- despite the fact that he hates snakes- and tried to keep Mr. Jenxie from 'playing' with the slithering, hissing creature. So Jason comes in and is more worried about the mouse that is also in the tub- not a pet mouse, just a mouse. So he grabs the mouse; and then the snake. But not by the head, so it's trying to bite me- it misses twice and the third time, it gets my soft and comfy PJs and..... I wake up.....




so I open Internet Explorer today and my iGoogle page's horoscope says: You may wake up from one of those really strange dreams where everything appears so vivid, yet it seems to make no sense, however you try to interpret it. If you are reminded of the nonsensical symbols during the day when something odd happens, it instantaneously brings the entire sequence back into awareness. Don't try to force meaning onto the mysterious messages from your subconscious. They will work their magic if you simply remember them.

Apparently, odd and vivid dreams are yet another side effect of pregnancy! This isn't the first one of this dreams that I've had, just the most recent, but others that I remember have been weird or scary! So, I can't just let this one go, so what does it mean? The internet is so cool- you can find anything- so I found a dream dictionary and here's what some of the symbols mean:




"To see a snake or be bitten by one in your dream signifies hidden fears and worries that are threatening you. Your dream may be alerting you to something in your waking life that you are not aware of or that has not yet surfaced. As a positive symbol, snakes represent healing, transformation, knowledge and wisdom. It is indicative of self-renewal and positive changes."





"To see a mouse in your dream indicates fear, meekness, insignificance and a lack of assertiveness. You are experiencing feelings of inadequacy and fears that you are not measuring up. The dream may also be telling you that you are spending too much time hiding in the shadows. Alternatively, it may symbolize minor irritations and annoyances. The dream may also be a pun on a computer mouse and your connection to work or to the virtual world."






How Odd! I was having an e-mail exchange with my friend Jennifer about not knowing the first thing about taking care of a newborn recently; I also had a recent pregzilla freak-out about not being a good mom. I went to bed pregzilla annoyed with dear hubby. Makes perfect sense! On the other hand, I like the reference to the positive changes- BabyW is definitely that! ( : Also, the connection to the virtual world- my fascination with blogging, Twitter and the very reason why hubby and I are together (we met on-line through a dating website nearly 10 years ago, thanks to some urging from my step-momster, GrammaL)! Very interesting, and problem solved. I can go on with my day now.... lol.




Cheers,
Preggers Chick

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!